Thursday, May 29, 2008

Song(s) of the Day... Office Space Edition

So it's Thursday, and one thing that I've come to find out about the real world is... unfortunately ,Thursday is the new Friday. I say unfortunately because, while Friday is basically now a half day (in most respects), Thursday has now enveloped the stress and workload of two days into one.


It is with that in mind that I present today's music. I had this idea while stuck in traffic, so we'll start there. No, I'm not gonna post songs from the soundtrack to Office Space... if you're like me, you've heard those a million times). I'm gonna try and keep the music upbeat to help get you through the day.

The drive to work, stuck in traffic for an hour:
The Clash - Straight to Hell
Office Space - Gridlock

note: you may have heard this guitar riff sampled in the M.I.A song, Paper Planes

Walking in late, avoiding the "8 bosses":
The Thermals - Pillar of Salt


Getting to your pile of work, trying to pound it all out by the end of the day:
MGMT - Time to Pretend


TPS reports -- you didn't get that memo?
CSS - Rat is Dead


Get your shit done!! Time to go home and:
A.) Let off some steam with your boys:
Lil Wayne - Ride For My Niggas


B.) Get some alone time with your way-too-hot-for-your-dorky-ass girlfriend!:
My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges



Happy Thursday people!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Me gust CSS. Not to mention The Clash, MGMT, and nothin says "weekend" like some Lil Wayne.

And just in case you were wondering how it feels to be a gangsta, it feels good. Damn good.

Unknown said...

Yeah. Except I meant me GUSTO CSS.
Dammit.

RoNo said...

Yea I like 'em too... good to hear some new/decent/original punk-ish music being made.

And yes, it does feel good to be a gangster. I wanted to post that song but couldn't find an mp3 anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Nice. Especially the last one. It's my favorite.