Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Part 2: Why I love Austin/Why I wish I was rich...



Wow, it's been a while. There's so much stuff going on in the next few weeks, that I figured I should post on here and let you guys know what's going on in my neck of the woods:


Tonight: Tuesday, Oct 21 : Dredg @ Emo's
I absolutely LOVE this band. I saw them about 7 years ago in college (wow I feel old). They played some shitty Mentos Tour or something and blew me away. Their CD, Catch Without Arms is amazing... here's a sample:
Dredg - Tanbark

This Saturday: Oct 25th
This Saturday, it's a tossup between Kings of Leon at the Austin Music Hall and Ben Folds at Stubb's. I love both, and have seen both, but the Austin Music Hall pretty much sucks, and Stubb's is probably my favorite venue, so we'll see. Oh, but the new KOL CD is INCREDIBLE! It's a tough call.


Then, as I'm sure you already know if you've read this blog before, Sunday is the day of all day's... the legend himself, Bruce Campbell at the Alamo Ritz!@!@!@!@!!! He's premiering his new movie, My Name is Bruce.


Thursday: Oct 30: TV on the Radio @ Stubb's!!!!!!
I'm more excited about this show than anything else... except maybe Bruce Campbell. Their new CD, Dear Science is only about a month old and already it's my favorite of the year. Check out my favorite of the album:
TV on the Radio - DLZ

Friday: Nov 7th : Calexico @ Antone's
Awesome band, awesome venue... that's all I have to say about that.

And finally...

Sat-Sun: Nov 8th and 9th : FunFunFun Fest at WaterLoo Park
Best lineup for a small festival I've EVER seen:
The National
St. Vincent
Minus the Bear
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Bad Brains
Dead Milkmen
...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
Sleepercar
Bouncing Souls
Annuals
and a hell of a lot more...

0 comments: